The higher our level of self-awareness and self-esteem, the more our behavior becomes rational and less defensive. The best solutions to organizational and leadership issues require self-awareness as an essential first step. As individuals gain self-awareness and self-esteem, they become more open and honest with their co-workers. They redirect the energy they now use for defensiveness, withholding, and other interpersonal struggles into productive work and the development of high performing teams. In this hands-on, experiential workshop, participants will be introduced to FIRO (Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation) theory and the Element B assessment. FIRO is one of the most widely used theories of human behavior in the world; the Element B assessment is a FIRO-based instrument designed to enhance behavioral self-awareness and provide insight into interpersonal relationship dynamics.
- Understand the sources of self awareness and their benefits
- Explain how increased self awareness improves individual functioning and team productivity
- Understand the 3 key dimensions of individual, team, and organizational behavior:
- Use the Element B assessment to measure 12 aspects of behavior
- Recognize types of defensiveness and their impact on team performance