Topics to be covered in Introduction to Coding: ICD-10-CM, CPT Manual and National Codes include:
Attendance is mandatory!
- ICD-10-CM usage in Physician and Outpatient settings
- ICD-10-CM codes on a CMS 1500 insurance form
- List the uses of ICD-10-CM
- Explain ICD-10-CM Coding conventions/rules for each ICD-9-CM Chapter
- Define the steps to assign an ICD-10-CM code
- Assign ICD-10-CM as appropriate
- ICD-9-CM comparison with ICD-10-CM
- Learn the rules and guidelines for the CPT, and Level II HCPCS coding systems.
- Define the differences between CPT and HCPCS codes and their appropriate use.
- Assign CPT codes and Level II codes for services provided by healthcare personnel
- Applying the rules to code physician and outpatient services for Evaluation and Management, Anesthesia, Surgery, Radiology, Pathology/Laboratory, & Medicine.
- Examine the different categories found in CPT and the different levels of HCPCS.
- Show the association between ICD-10-CM codes with CPT/HCPCS codes in the reimbursement process