Non-profit organizations need to have a plan to keep their teams safe during office reopening, while still fulfilling their mission. Join Claire Rosché Matzzie PA-C, MPH Principal Consultant of Safer Public Health to learn how to keep your team safe, productive and comfortable during the return to the workplace. The course will include an update about the basic science and public health for COVID-19, best practices and safety protocols employers can use to help keep their teams safe and a discussion of vaccine safety and tracking. Claire will share tools for employee engagement and buy-in to the plan. Claire will update attendees on the latest public health policy, including Virginia-specific information and how non-profit leaders can apply the policy to their organizations. There will be opportunities for breakout sessions and work sessions to learn from each other’s experience and apply what you have learned to your organization. The information shared will be as up to date as possible in the given the evolving public health situation and should not be interpreted as medical or legal advice.
At the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Understand the science and public health guidance around the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Understand Steps non-profit leaders can take to keep their teams safe during the office reopening.
- Plan safety measures and protocols to take before employees enter the office: Screening questionnaires, planning the physical space, ventilation.
- Plan Safety measures and protocols to take inside the office and in the physical workspace: spacing, masks, ventilation.
- Create protocols for managing travel, exposure to COVID-19 or COVID-19 cases in the office.
- Understand the importance of vaccinations to the office reopening. Can we require or incentivize vaccinations?
- Review Government Public and Employee Health Guidance, with a focus on Virginia.
- Create and utilize tools for employee engagement and buy-in in the plan.
- Discuss how to examine your organizational culture, mission, vision and workflow to design the optimal Return to the Office plan for your organization. For example: Primarily Remote work vs. Primarily in Office vs Hybrid.
- Practice designing a Safe Return to the Workplace Plan for your own organization or a sample case study.
- Understand how to integrate the lessons your organization has learned from the COVID-19 pandemic and bring them forward into the new normal in your organization.