The past two years of weathering the pandemic have placed unprecedented stress and strain on nearly every organization. Now more than ever, organizations are seeking ways to engage, connect and empower their staff and to ensure that they can remain both productive and safe. Appreciative Inquiry (AI) is a revolutionary approach to strategic change and sustainable growth for organizations that is designed to specifically address those challenges. AI is an approach to positive transformation of an organization’s effectiveness and more specifically is:
- A positive, strength-based approach to change;
- A method of finding the best in people, teams, and organizations;
- A way of co-creating inspiring plans of action;
- An approach to focusing on what we want more of; and
- A strategy of finding and unleashing the positive elements that enable success.
The AI approach includes a process for engaging people in building teams and organizations through a collaborative, inclusive discovery of what gives a system “life” when it is most effective and capable. It weaves that new knowledge into the fabric of the organization’s formal and informal infrastructure.
Explore two specific applications for AI: performance management and strategic planning
- Understand the core principles of Appreciative Inquiry (AI)
- Explore potential applications of AI as a methodology for positive change for individuals, teams and organizations
- Understand and practice a model for conducting AI workshops with teams and organizations