Start or Advance your payroll career here!
This course is an important first step in payroll education that covers the basic procedures, processes, and terminology defining the daily workload of the beginning payroll practitioner. It provides a thorough overview of the laws and regulations that affect payroll.
Who should attend: Individuals who are just entering the payroll profession, supervisors and managers new to the payroll environment, and those preparing for the Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) exam.
- Calculate gross pay and deductions from pay
- Calculate tax withholding
- Prepare Forms W-2 and 941
- Determine what employer-provided benefits are taxable or subject to reporting
Course attendees have the opportunity to take the FPC: Fundamental Payroll Certification exam after the course. More information about this exam and fee can be found at http://www.americanpayroll.org/certification/certification-fpcinfo/
Why earn your Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC):
Textbooks not included in cost of tuition, students are responsible for purchasing their own textbooks. http://www.americanpayroll.org/certification/certification-fpcinfo/
- Increase your salary potential
- Demonstrate your commitment to being an expert in the payroll field
- Boost your confidence and recognition
- Set you apart from colleagues and make you a more valuable asset to your organization