If you loved Liz Scott, PhD, Brighter Strategies CEO's classes then you will love her staff, Swafia Ames will bring us “Leader as Coach” is a leadership course focused on developing your role as a manager, leader and coach. This course will provide a framework for participants to expand their capacity to perform in leadership roles within their organization. We will cover the benefits of coaching, learning the mechanics of how to coach, dealing with difficult conversations as a leaders and other personal development skills. The course will involve active role-playing as well as provide ideas for practical application. We’ll address how you take these skills back to the office and how to use these skills to enhance your overall leadership approach.
- Defining the role of manager as coach
- Understand the benefits of coaching
- Learn the mechanics of successful coaching
- Dealing with “difficult conversations”
- Personal leadership skill development
- Addressing areas of additional support:
- Fine-tuning listening skills
- Improving communication
- Practicing how to phrase questions
- What do we take back to the office?
- How do we use these skills in our leadership approach?