CompTIA A+ certified professionals are proven problem solvers! They support today’s core technologies from security to cloud to data management and more. CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for launching IT careers into today’s digital world.?
- The only credential with performance-based items to prove pros can think on their feet to perform critical IT support tasks in the moment
- Trusted by employers around the world to identify the go-to person in end point management & technical support roles
- Regularly re-invented by IT experts to ensure that it validates core skills and abilities demanded in the workplace
In order to receive the CompTIA A+ certification, you must pass two exams: 220-1001 and 220-1002. CompTIA A+ 220-1001 and 1002 measures the necessary skills for an entry-level IT professional. Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to:
• Assemble components based on customer requirements
• Install, configure and maintain devices, PCs and software for end users
• Understand the basics of networking and security/forensics
• Properly and safely diagnose, resolve and document common hardware and software issues
• Apply troubleshooting skills
• Provide appropriate customer support
• Understand the basics of virtualization, desktop imaging and deployment
Learning Materials provided.
PreReqs: basic computer user skills, be able to complete tasks in a Microsoft® Windows® environment, be able to search for, browse, and access information on the Internet, and have basic knowledge of computing concepts.